Monday, January 11, 2010

Ice Sculptures


I was driving out to Jasper Park Lodge the other day, and as I passed the last hotel in town, The Sawridge, I noticed that they had a bunch of ice sculptures in front of the hotel. Then I noticed that they had a bunch of lights around them to light them up at night. Well, this past Saturday night I went down there with a friend to check them out a little closer, and of course we brought our cameras. I shot a couple hundred different frames, I went for some abstract shots of just the colors reflecting in the ice, and I shot a few of whole sculptures with out of focus lights in the background. Overall I had a pretty good time and I think we stayed there for almost an hour. That may seem like a lot time with only a few ice sculptures, but I didn't even break out the flash!! I thought about it, but I was pretty happy with what I already had, and I'm sure they'll be there for another week or so, so I may be able to go back if I want. So here are a few shots from the night, not too sure which I like best, but I think it would be one of the Inukshuk shots.






Photos: Nikon D90, 50mm f/1.4, 70-200mm f/2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment