Sunday, January 3, 2010

Best of '09


The other day I saw a post on Darwin Wiggett's blog which provided links to other photo sites that were displaying their best photos of 2009. I had been planning on doing a recap/2010 plans post, so I thought this would be a nice way for me to say goodbye to the past year and welcome the new one. The only problem with choosing the "Best of" for me was that I have taken a number of photos that I really like this year, I've also taken lots of photos that are total crap, and no one will ever see those, but of the ones I like, it's very hard to narrow it down to the best. In the end I thought it all out in a reasonable way and I chose a few that may have marked a bit of a photographic milestone for me, others I just enjoy looking at because of color or composition, and a few I just seem to have a bit of an emotional tie to. All of these photos mean something different to me, an with a little luck they may have some sort of appeal to you as well.










As for the coming year I have a few plans. I have started a bit of a "Photo A Day" project...that I hope to run all year.... all 365 days of it!! We'll see how that goes. I have started a Flickr account to try and reach a slightly larger audience. Hopefully I'll get more backpacking trips in this year, all of which will be based around photography. My biggest goal of all is to learn more about this craft and hopefully better myself as an artist. So good luck and best wished to all of you in the new year, and lets all have fun on our next adventures!!

1 comment:

  1. Great shots all of them, I especially love the chairs at JPL. d

    ReplyDelete