Thursday, June 10, 2010

In the Big City..


Well, it may not be the biggest city in the world..but it sure is a lot bigger than Jasper. Last week I spent two days in Edmonton and while there, I had to do a bit of shooting. I always love shooting from hotel balconies when I travel, so I of course got that taken care of. My balcony shot on this trip was of the sun rising over Edmonton's Downtown area, they day we drove back home.


When I was in Edmonton a few months ago, I heard that The Art Gallery of Alberta had a new home, in a fancy new building. This trip I found the new building, which has some super cool architecture, and managed to get down there just after sunset for some twilight shots. I really like the shapes of the building, and how the light plays on it.


From one of the spots I shot the Art Gallery, there was a subway station nearby. I headed over and looked down the stairwell and though..."that might be a cool shot", and it turns out it was kinda neat. The color shot is cool, there are about 4 different light sources, so the colors are very vibrant, but I though the black and white gave it the feel I was looking for. Summer in the city is so much nicer than winter. I'm sure I'll be back shooting here before long!

Photos: Nikon D90, 10.5mm f/2.8, 17-55mm f/2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment